Kale & Wheat Berry Salad
1. Add wheat berries and water to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes until tender.
2. Sauté onion in 1 tbsp. oil until softened. Add kale and let it cook down until wilted, about 8 minutes.
3. When wheat berries are finished cooking, add them to the sauté pan with the onion and kale. Add rice vinegar, remaining olive oil, and salt and pepper.
4. Can be served hot or cold, topped with Parmesan as a garnish.
TIP: For more flavor, add half of an onion (unchopped), a sprig of thyme, and a little salt to the wheat berries while they’re cooking. Remove thyme sprig and onion before adding to kale.
Sugar Snap Pea & Soba Noodle Salad
1. Whisk together the first eight ingredients in a small bowl until emulsified. Set aside.
2. Toast the sesame seeds for about 4-5 minutes over medium-low heat.
3. Boil water and cook soba noodles. Drain.
4. Combine the soba noodles, snap peas, carrots and bell pepper in a large serving bowl.
5. Pour in the dressing and toss. Add in the chopped cilantro and toasted sesame seeds.
Tomato, Charred Corn & Feta Salad
1. Heat a cast-iron skillet with vegetable oil until it’s hot and shimmering. Add corn and evenly distribute. Let it cook without moving so corn can char. Stir corn twice to get an even char over the cooking time, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Add cooled corn, tomatoes, herbs and feta to a serving bowl. Whisk olive oil and lemon juice, and add salt and pepper to taste. Make sure all ingredients are blended.