Where can you find live music, delicious food, and captivating art? At Kennett Square’s May Art Stroll!
The Art Stroll is sponsored by Historic Kennett Square and includes a variety of events from live music to artwork. The day begins with the opening of the seasonal Kennett Square Farmers Market, held in the Genesis Walkway along East State Street.
Other events include:
- Longwood Art Gallery, 200 East State Street, hosts a reception for local artist Dennis Young, who will be showing his pastel and acrylic paintings. The reception is from 6pm to 9pm.
Afternoon at the Cafe by Dennis Young
- Flickerwood Wine Tasting Room, 116 West State Street, presents live music by Corkscrewed Blues. The concert is from 7pm to 10:30pm and features artwork from Jennifer Zduniak.
- Vignette by L.E. Walker, 123 East State Street, hosts a Pre-Kentucky Derby Party, with music and Southern tidbits and shows its collection of hat couture, home accessories, and gifts.
- Kennett Designs, 117 West State Street, holds its ‘social art events,? with group instruction of the Field of Poppies painting. Pre-register by calling 610.444.4440. Charcoal and silverpoint drawings by Jared Fisher will also be on display.
- Mala Galleria, 206 East State Street, invites the public to an opening reception of ?Watterlilies,? a showing of contemporary realist paintings by Frank Depietro.
With the weather warming up outside, this is the perfect time to enjoy yourself, while listening to music, eating, and looking at art. For more information, visit www.historickennettsquare.com.