SUNDAY, MAY 5, 2019
5101 Kennett Pike, Wilmington, Del.
• General-admission gates open
• Race Raffle. “Bet the House.” Place a $5 “wager” on a winning horse for a chance to win $500.Winners announced after each race. Sponsored by Draper & Kramer.
• Marketplace. Shop for hats, clothing, jewelry, accessories and more.
• Winterthur Hunt and Canine Capers. Enjoy special activities designed for kids of all ages and their canine friends, from crafts and contests to “Tails for Tito’s,” fun treats for pets.
• Rolls-Royce and Bentley Auto Parade and Display from Keystone Region Rolls-Royce Owners’ Club sponsored by WSFS Wealth
• DuPont Country Club Experience Tent. Get a taste of club membership with complimentary samples from the chef ’s menu. Golf, tennis and fitness pros will answer questions, and take your “shot” at some of the new technology coming to the club as part of the extensive renovation plan.
• Best Dressed from Head to Toe Contest. Wear your finest chapeau to match your ensemble. Fashion experts will comb the crowd to find who’s best dressed. The winner receives a $500 hat from Christine A. Moore Milliner New York and a $500 shopping spree from the Wilmington Country Store.
• Pony Rides. Saddle up for your own equestrian experience. $5 per ride.
• Stick Horse Races. All eyes are on our youngest jockeys as they take to the course.
1:30 p.m.: ages 4 and under
2:15 p.m.: ages 5-7
2:45 p.m.: ages 8-10
• Delaware State Police Pipes and Drums
• Alison Hershbell Pony Races
• Parade of River Hills Foxhounds
• George A. “Frolic” Weymouth AntiqueCarriage Parade
• Presentation of the Tailgate Picnic Competition Award
2 p.m.: Races Begin
• Isabella du Pont Sharp Memorial Maiden Timber Race ($20,000 purse)
• Winterthur Bowl Open Timber Race ($41,000 purse)
• Vicmead Plate Amateur Apprentice Timber Race ($10,000 purse)
• Middletown Cup Amateur Training Flat Race
• Presentation of the Greta Brown Layton Trophy
• Gates Close